Social Icons

Pages

Friday 22 November 2013

Blurple Mani with Flakie and Stripes

Hello all,

I recently picked up a polish from L'Oreal's The Magic Top Coat colletion: The Holographic. This top coat fits the definition of a flakie rather than a holographic, but it's still really pretty. I have seen this top coat on top of black a lot, but I wanted to try it on something a little different.



This is two coats of the top coat over two coats of China Glaze's Bizarre Blurple. For the accent nail, I applied two coats of Essie's No Place Like Chrome and then decided to try a diagonal stripe design using striping tape. After I applied the tape, I painted one thick coat of the Bizarre Blurple and removed the tape, which I found to be difficult because my tweezers were not cooperating. I'm going to have to work on my technique for striping tape for sure, haha.


Here's a better picture of the sparkly particles of the top coat :). I really like the look over this dark blue/purple polish. There's just one drawback to the flakie top coat, it's not flat on the nail, so you need to add a thick layer of top coat over it to seal it in, which takes a long time to dry. It was worth the wait though!


What do you think? Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment