Social Icons

Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

Experimenting with OPI's Glitter Off Base Coat Part 2: Results

Hello everyone,

Throughout the life of this manicure, I carried on as I usually would doing day-to-day things. Today, I decided to give my car a thorough cleaning and shine. This was the first day that anything had changed with my manicure since I applied it on Monday.

I snapped a picture before washing my car, but when I went to upload it, it was all blurry :(. The wear had been great with minimal tip wear and no unwanted peeling so far! I took a picture after washing my car. Still looking good!

 Read more to see what happened next :)



The problem started when I finished waxing my car: I noticed I no longer had polish on my index finger when I finished up.


Shortly after, my thumb nail polish also popped off in one complete piece! At that point, I decided to pop the rest of my nail polish off and even filmed the removal process.





The regular polish with glitter on top was much easier to remove than the textured polish on my ring fingers. Although I did not take a video, I do have the scraps of polish from both types of glitter.




Final thoughts: This is a great base coat if you want to wear glitter. Textured polish is still a bit difficult to remove though. If you're hoping to get a long wear time out of a glitter manicure, don't wash your car while you're wearing it, haha. I've heard that other people have had different experiences with this base coat based on their nail chemistry. I hope anyone who tries it has the same nail chemistry as I do! It's definitely a time saver.

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment