Social Icons

Pages

Monday 8 September 2014

Experimenting with OPI's Glitter Off Base Coat

Hello everyone,

Over the past two weeks I have collected a few new OPI polishes for my collection that I found on sale around the city :). This week I decided to try out my new white polish (OPI's Alpine Snow) and my new Glitter Off Base Coat.


Click below to see how this manicure was created!


In order to create this manicure, I began with a thin coat of Glitter Off on each nail. When fully dry, I applied two coats of Alpine Snow to each nail except the ring fingers, on which I applied two coats of OPI's Its Frosty Outside.
Once dry, I applied more Glitter Off around my nails and let it dry in order to help with clean up after stamping (it really works!) and I stamped the delicate flower design from MoYou London's Tourist 07 Plate and Konad's Black Pearl polish. Then I topped the white nails with OPI's RapiDry Topcoat, then a coat of OPI's Servin' Up Sparkle and another coat of topcoat.


The Glitter Off Base Coat was tested in three different ways with this manicure: under a heavy glitter polish (It's Frosty Outside), under a regular polish with a glitter on top (Servin' Up Sparkle), and as a way to quickly remove the stamp that gets on my fingers. 

Here's a close-up of the manicure. Sorry about the messy cuticles, I was afraid to use polish remover around them in case it caused peeling!
So far, the polish is still intact. I have continued on with my day as usual and there has been no lifting or peeling on any nails as I have heard some other bloggers have experienced. I will be writing an update to this post within the next few days to give you the end result of this manicure :)

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment