Social Icons

Pages

Sunday 14 December 2014

Christmas Season #3: Candy Cane Water Marble

Hello everyone,

Over the week, I attempted my first ever water marble manicure. I'm proud to say that it turned out well!




For this manicure, I used OPI polishes for the marbling: In My Santa Suit and Alpine Snow. I started by painting each nail two coats of Alpine Snow.

When that dried, I applied school glue around each nail and up my fingers to prevent getting polish on my skin.

When that dried, I began dripping my polish into the water. I didn't get a picture of this, but I used a small paper cup and dripped 3 drops of the white, then 3 red, then 3 white, and then finished with 3 red. Then, I dipped my nails. I began by experimenting with 2 nails at a time on one hand and then did my other hand in just 2 dips: my 4 fingers in one and thumb to finish.


I tried removing the glue after all of the fingers had dried, but I didn't use a thick enough coat and ended up putting them under warm water and rubbing my skin with a nail brush to take it off. 


Then, I cleaned up the excess with nail polish remover and a brush.


And I thought it could use a little sparkle, so I applied a coat of China Gaze's Fairy Dust.


What do you think? Let me know in the comments :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment