Social Icons

Pages

Friday 13 September 2013

Throwback Thursday...er, Friday: Pokéball Nails

Hello all,

Sorry about the delay again this week, I am finally feeling better, but I had a lot of work to catch up on. Maybe a better idea would be to just aim for one Throwback post a week and not necessarily on Thursday.

For this throwback, I decided to showcase another nail art mani I experimented with: Pokéball nails. When I first started nail art, my boyfriend found a picture on a website of a girl who had completed this manicure and he asked me to try it. Here is the result:



For this manicure, I painted my nails red with Revlon's Get Reddy and, when it was dry, I added a Sally Hansen Insta-Dry white (I can't remember it's name) to the free-edge half of my nails. Then I used a black striped to make the black line across the middle and a fitting tool to add two dots in the middle (one black and one white in different sizes). After that, I sealed my manicure with top coat. 

Overall, I am pleased with the results I achieved with this manicure. There are two things I would change: I needed to clean up the polish along my nail beds badly and I should have applied my topcoat lightly and more carefully so that I wouldn't drag the red polish onto the white. 

I am definitely going to have to add an update to this post later on when I get a chance to retry this manicure. 

What do you think? Have you ever tried this manicure?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment