Social Icons

Pages

Monday 2 September 2013

Blue Base for a French Tip?

Hello all,

I'm still experimenting with my French tip plates and I wanted to try something less traditional. I have tried adding French tips to different colours and styles of polishes before and I haven't liked them very much for some reason. I saw some pictures of these manicures done by other people that worked out beautifully, so I decided to give it another try. 

This is the truest representation of the colour of this lovely blue, taken in the shade :)
And another shot taken in the sunshine. I had my doubts when I first bought this colour, but I love it!

For this manicure, I began with my trusty OPI Ridge Filler and then applied 2 coats of China Glaze's Sexy in the City. Once that was dry, I stamped a design from plate m45 in Konad's Black Pearl on my tips and finished it off with OPI's Top Coat. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this manicure. I like the tip and I like the colour, but I think it could use something more, like some glitter haha. 

Sexy in the City has always been one of my favourite colours to stamp over. It shows up a little more teal in person than in these photos. It is a little thin on the first coat so I would apply at least 2 to better the opacity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment