Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Throwback Thursday Nails: Flower Nail Art

Hello all,

I had a wonderful thought today about putting up pictures of past manicures (before I had my blog) and talking about what I would do differently and/or showing a picture of the same manicure redone with my new experience level. :)

To start these posts off, I'd like to venture all the way back to my first nail art manicure. I had found a video on how to complete this on the fabulous Cutepolish YouTube channel.



In order to do this one, I simply put a clear polish on my nail, then placed 5 dots of a white polish (I used Sally Hansen Insta Dry's white) and 5 dots of another colour, I used Sally Hansen Insta Dry, it was my sister's polish so I am unsure of the name of the colour) in circles alternating as you go up your nail. As soon as you do one circle, use a toothpick to pull the polish from the dots inward and when it dries, use the other colour of polish to place a dot in the centre of the flower. 

Looking back on this now, I would have used a couple of coats of a sheer nude polish (or light pink like the video prescribes) like China Glaze Inner Beauty to soften the look of my nail line. I would also have used a base coat as said in the video. I don't think I had any idea what a base coat was then :p but my nails were so thin that they could have used the extra layer of protection. The flowers don't seem bad for my first ever attempt, haha. 

What do you think of my attempt? Do you like this concept?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment