Social Icons

Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

Experimenting with Metallics

I was looking for an opportunity to try out my recently purchased Layla Mirror Effect polish in Red Hot and Essie's No Place Like Chrome, but since this type of polish shows every imperfection of your nails I had to wait forever for a crack to grow out :(. When my nails were ready I was dying to try something incorporating both colours!
(Excuse the photo, I had to take a picture on the run because I had just put a matte top coat on and was worried I would ruin it :p)


I started by applying one coat of OPI's Ridge Filler to my nails to hide any imperfections. Then I decided to paint all nails with the Layla polish (2 coats on each finger minus the ring which had 1). I applied striping tape to my ring finger, applied one coat of No Place Like Chrome, and carefully removed the tape. Once it was all dry, I applied one coat of NYC's Matte Me Crazy mattifying top coat. 

I have tried striping tape before, but the result was no where as nice as this! In the past attempt I was impatient and applied it to partially dry polish (big mistake, haha). I'm not too happy with the lines that remained on my nails with the Layla polish. It might have been that the ridge filler wasn't fully dry, so I will have to try this polish again in the future and see if I get better results :) 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment