Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Blue and Silver Half Moon Manicure

Hello everyone,

Sorry this week's post is a little late. I haven't been feeling the best since the weekend and I'm starting to feel more myself today. This week, I wanted to step away from stamping to try another technique that I'm not as familiar with: the half moon.




In order to create this manicure, I began by applying a ridge-filling base coat to each nail and then a coat of Essie's No Place Like Chrome. When that dried, I applied round page reinforcement stickers to the bottom third of each nail and painted a thick coat of China Glaze's At Vase Value and removed each sticker immediately. When dry, I applied a coat of topcoat to each nail.



I think the result is very simple yet pretty. It's a nice combination of colours too! I had a few failed attempts with this type of manicure in the past using other colours and this is definitely my favourite, haha.



For some reason, when I apply a thick coat of China Glaze polishes, the polish bubbles when dry. That's the only thing I'm not totally satisfied with about this manicure. Does anyone else have any experience with this? Any suggestions?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment