Social Icons

Pages

Monday 24 November 2014

The Lacquer Legion: Yummy

Hello everyone,

I can't believe it's been a month since the last Lacquer Legion prompt already! This month has certainly flown and it's almost time for the holidays. This will probably be my last non-holiday-themed manicure now for the rest of the year!

This month's prompt was "Yummy" and all I could think of was dessert. I decided to paint an ice cream and chocolate manicure (with sprinkles, of course!) and this is what resulted:



Keep reading below to see how this manicure was completed and which products I used :)

In order to complete this manicure, I began by painting: my thumbs and middle fingers two coats of OPI's I Sao Paulo Over There; my index fingers two coats of China Glaze's Petal to the Metal; my ring fingers two coats of China Glaze's At Vase Value; and my pinkies two coats of OPI's San Tan-Tonio.

Once that dried, I added dots of At Vase Value and Petal to the Metal to my thumbs and middle fingers with a dotting tool. I drew out the dripping chocolate look with a small paint brush dipped in I Sao Paulo Over There and then filled the areas in with a dotting tool. I then used a small paintbrush to paint the pink and blue sprinkles over top. I also used the same small paint brush dipped in I Sao Paulo Over There to draw the lines on my pinkies to look like a mix between an ice cream cone or a chocolate bar. 


I thought this original look was nice, but I wanted to add something else to this manicure: a matte topcoat. I applied a coat of fast dry topcoat first and then one coat of NYC's Matte Me Crazy matte topcoat to keep the design from smudging. 


Here's a better way to look at the dripping hot fudge :). I got my inspiration for the chocolate sauce and sprinkles from this Cutepolish video.

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if this manicure left you wanting a sundae as much as it did for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment