Social Icons

Pages

Sunday 16 November 2014

Testing Glitter Off Base Under Texture Polish

Hello everyone,
Today I am removing my manicure I painted last week. The last time I tested my Glitter Off base coat it worked great on bulky glitter, but it was hard to remove the texture polish simply by picking it off. This time, I'm trying something different.




I began by soaking my nails for 5 minutes in warm water. Then I pushed the polish off with a cuticle pusher and orange wood stick.

It still took a good 8 minutes for me to scrape off the polish on one hand, but at least I didn't need to use acetone or cotton pads to take it off. 

I guess it depends on what your priorities are, whether you'd rather have a quick removal process with the acetone remover or have a longer removal time without using harmful chemicals.

Here's what my manicure looked like pre-removal.

I think the water bath made the removal process easier with the base coat: the pieces came off easier and in larger chunks than without using the water. Without the water it's kind of like a chiseling process, haha. 

There will be another manicure post coming up soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment