Social Icons

Pages

Friday 6 December 2013

Christmas Season #1

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to share with you my first Christmas-themed manicure of 2013! For this first attempt, I wanted to try out my Christmas colours, mainly a beautiful new red that I just picked up from OPI & Mariah Carey's Holiday 2013 collection called In My Santa Suit. This is a beautiful colour and I plan to use it frequently this season! I was going to incorporate it into a French manicure, but I cracked a nail right across the middle and now I have to cover it up for a while. :(


For this look, I applied 2 coats of In My Santa Suit to all nails except the ring finger, which I applied one coat of Wet n' Wild's White Cream. Then I added the dots using Essie's No Place Like Chrome and the White Cream on the red polish using a large and small sized dotting tool. For the white accent nail, I used No Place Like Chrome and In My Santa Suit for the dots. :)

I was hoping to go for an abstract Christmas/snow type of design. The photo doesn't capture the distinction between the silver and white dots as well as it looks in person. The beauty of the red isn't captured either (time to get a real camera instead of using my phone's camera, haha). It's just such a beautiful shade packed with shimmer and a metallic finish.  


Here's the polish with what little natural light was available on the cloudy day I took these pictures on. :p

What do you think? What Christmas designs have you done so far this year?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment