Social Icons

Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Reinvention

Hello all,

The first post of the Lacquer Legion's challenge is called Reinvention. For this challenge, I took this theme two ways. First, as using a colour combination I used in the past in a different way; and second, as putting my own spin on an already existing nail art technique :). This is what happened:


I chose two colours I have not used in a while: China Glaze's Tart-y for the Party and Coconut Kiss. Then I decided to try them in a different way in my first ever Ruffian Manicure. I applied a coat of Tart-y for the Party and then a coat of Coconut Kiss on top. around the edge I added some sparkle with OPI's Servin' Up Sparkle with a detailing brush. Then I sealed the whole design with top coat.



In the days before I began this blog, I used these colours together by stamping with them or by using one of the colours as an accent nail with the other. In both of these examples Tart-y for the Party is the major colour used. It was nice to finally see the full beauty of Coconut Kiss.




What do you think? Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment