Social Icons

Pages

Monday 27 October 2014

The Lacquer Legion: After Dark

Hello everyone,

For this month's prompt, I decided to create a dark and abstract Halloween manicure. This is what resulted:


In order to complete this manicure, I began with one coat of OPI's In My Santa Suit. I know it's meant to be more of a Christmas shade, but I thought it would work beautifully with OPI's Emotions (which is another polish from the same Christmas collection, haha). 


Excuse the messy pinkie, the texture polish refused to come away from my cuticles!

After In My Santa Suit had dried, I sponged on a gradient using Wet n' Wild's Black Cream polish on my ring fingers. I applied five pieces of striping tape to each nail (one nail at a time) and painted one thick coat of Emotions over each nail, removing the striping tape right after.

Here's another view in natural light.

Once I had cleaned up my manicure (the gradient and striping process proved to be very messy and the texture polish did not want to come off of my skin), I applied top coat to my ring fingers only.

What do you think? I'm excited to see how other people ran with this month's prompt. Please feel free to leave a comment :).

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment